2 min read
Day in and day out, professional drivers travel across the American landscape, making pickups and deliveries in the good weather—and the bad. Facing tight deadlines amid congested roadways and other impediments, the professionals behind the wheel soldier on because they know that businesses and the American public depend on them.
And through all of the stresses he or she experiences in having to maneuver a large tractor and trailer along the nation's crowded roadways and through narrow city streets, drivers arrive at their destination with a smile and willingness to go the extra mile to get the job done.
Drivers are more than just familiar faces that pickup and deliver freight. They are the most important aspect of the supply chain. Without them, everything would come to a grinding hault. They are, in fact, our heroes.
QUICK TRUCK DRIVER FACTS
- There are approximately 3.5 million truck drivers in the U.S.
- Average long haul driver puts in as much as 125,000 miles annually (an average of 3 million miles over an entire driver's career)
- Over 80% of U.S. communities depend solely on the trucking industry
- An estimated 70% of all freight in the U.S. is transported by truck drivers annually
- Truck drivers transported 10.49 billion tons of freight in 2015
NATIONAL DRIVER APPRECIATION WEEK (SEPT. 9-15)
Every year, carriers and businesses in the U.S. recognize professional drivers for the hard work and dedication they bring to our great nation. This year's National Driver Appreciation Week (NDAW) will take place from September 9th through the 15th..
Averitt will be conducting giveaways of special items during the week of September 9-15 for our drivers. Check out our Facebook page to see details about the giveaways.
READY TO BE PART OF A TEAM THAT APPRECIATES ITS HEROES?
We are hiring in 100+ locations across our system and are ready for you to join us. Check out the link below to see all open positions and get ready to join a team of heroes!
Topics: Driver Appreciation